In providing you with our services, Yorkshire Orthodontics may handle your personal information. Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details. Depending on what services you receive from us, this may include sensitive personal information such as medical information.
By providing your data and/or information, or by using the Yorkshire Orthodontics website or other online or digital platforms, you consent to the use of your data and information as described or referred to in this privacy notice. If we make a change to any of the ways in which we process personal information, we will update this web page with an updated date displayed at the top, so please check back regularly for updates.
Confidential and Medical information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to Yorkshire Orthodontics and we comply with UK data protection law and all the applicable medical confidentiality guidelines issued by professional bodies such as the General Dental Council and the British Dental Association.
Your confidential medical and dental information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit (unless you object). If you receive services from Yorkshire Orthodontics and that service transfers to a new provider, we may share your personal and confidential medical information with the new provider.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All Yorkshire Orthodontics staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
However we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted to Yorkshire Orthodontics through a website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
Information we may hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- Basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
- Details of contact we have had with you
- Details of services you have received
- Patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
- Information about complaints and incidents
- Notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need
- Details of your medical history
- Reports of radiographic examinations
- Information from customer surveys, competitions and marketing activities
- Written details of calls we receive or make
When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
- You use our services
- You submit a query to us, for example by email, telephone or social media
- You participate in any marketing activity
Using your information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- Responding to your queries
- Supporting your orthodontic treatment or care and other benefits
- Internal record keeping and administration
- Responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- Checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information
- Assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- Using your contact information to send you service related information
- Using your contact information to send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information)
- Using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- Using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Yorkshire Orthodontics to use for their own purposes, except:
- When we have your permission
- When we are permitted or obliged to do so by law. For example, we are required to provide information to organisations such as the National Registries (e.g. The Cancer Registry) and to notify the government of certain infectious diseases such as TB and meningitis (but not HIV/Aids)
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Yorkshire Orthodontics, our customers, or others
- In order to detect, prevent and help with the prosecution of financial crime. For example we may share information with fraud prevention or law enforcement agencies, and other organisations. If we suspect fraudulent activity we may inform the person or organisation who administers or funds your Yorkshire Orthodontics services.
- If there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
Keeping you informed
Yorkshire Orthodontics would like to keep you informed of the Yorkshire Orthodontics products and services that we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email, phone or SMS). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like us to keep you updated in this way. We may use your personal information to:
- Decide which services we think are relevant to you
- Decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be utilised to reach the customers who wish to receive marketing materials
- Contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact Yorkshire Orthodontics.
If you have any data protection queries, please contact the Yorkshire Orthodontics team: